After switching over from Comcast to ATT I received a free AT&T email account. I already owned a Yahoo POP email account that I setup with my Entourage email client. I tried to include the new ATT/Yahoo email account but I always received this error message:
Authentication failed because Entourage doesn’t support any of the available authentication methods.
I took some time surfing through Google results on the matter but I finally got it working using the following settings.
Setting up your client-based email account
- Email address: MemberID@att.net
- Incoming (POP): pop.att.yahoo.com
- Outgoing (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com
- Select SMTP server requires authentication
- Use same settings as receiving mail server
- Incoming mail server: POP3
- Incoming mail port number: 995 (make sure secure connection (SSL) is checked)
- Outgoing mail port number: 465 (make sure secure connection (SSL) is checked)
IMPORTANT THING TO NOTE!
Do not check the box labeled “Override the default POP port”.
Some users didn’t have to check SSL for the Out going mail.
See screen grabs below:
1) Receiving Mail
2) Sending Mail